[mapserver-users] MapScript resultsGetShape confusion [solved!]

Christian Jauvin cjauvin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 11:17:30 EDT 2010

Ok.. so with a lot of fiddling around (and with inspiration from a
Frank Warmerdam's testing script) I've been able to find the cause of
the problem, as well as its solution: with a PostGIS connected layer,
a call to resultsGetShape *has* to include the third parameter,
"tileindex":

resultsGetShape(shp, res.shapeindex) --> hangs MS 5.6.3
resultsGetShape(shp, res.shapeindex, res.tileindex) --> works great!

I don't know if it's really a bug, but it contradicts the
documentation, in which the tileindex argument is optional, and it
wasn't behaving like that (to my knowledge) with MS in [5.6.0, 5.6.2].

By the way, an initial observation I made was wrong: it also affects
the PHP version, and the workaround is the same.

Best regards,

Christian