[mapserver-users] Compiling on CentOS 5

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Jun 7 04:42:00 EDT 2010

See:

http://www.chasedavis.com/2007/apr/29/mapserver-newsroom-part-2/

Personally I prefer to run OpenSuse as a mapserver box, largely due to the work the guys who maintain the GEO repository put in to make sure that current versions of a wide range of GIS/GPS related applications work well.

There are some Centos/RH packages maintained there ase well, via the OpenSuse build service, but mapserver is not included.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/

& for those wanting a Postgis solution:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo:/

Ubuntu comes second, but note the Debian & Ubuntu repositories are less complete in the GIS arena & often version or two behind.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood