[mapserver-users] Ka-Map display issues

Henryk s0348372 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 17 20:52:49 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to create a slippy map using ka-map and a few datasets I am
holding locally.
I have installed mapserver and ka-maps using the ms4w package, but am unable
to display any mapfiles I have created. I've tested these by creating pngs
from the mapfiles and they work fine.
When I point my browser at Ka-map however, the shell appears with all the
tools (pan, zoom etc) along with the name of the map, but there is no image.
When I change the bg color in the mapfile, the browser display changes
accordingly.

When I check the Apache error log I see this message:

[error] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in
D:\\ms4w\\apps\\ka-map-1.0\\htdocs\\tile.php on line 231, referer:
http://localhost/kamap/
[error] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in
D:\\ms4w\\apps\\ka-map-1.0\\htdocs\\tile.php on line 232, referer:
http://localhost/kamap/
[error] PHP Fatal error:  [MapServer Error]: setExtent(): Given map extent
is invalid. Check that it is in the form: minx, miny, maxx, maxy, referer:
http://localhost/kamap/
[error] PHP Warning:  readfile(D:\\ms4w\\apps\\ka-map-1.0\\htdocs): failed
to open stream: Permission denied in
D:\\ms4w\\apps\\ka-map-1.0\\htdocs\\keymap.php on line 88, referer:
http://localhost/kamap/

I'm a newbie at most of this, but any help would be greatly appreciated.