[mapserver-users] Mapserver debug with PostGIS verbosity

Johan Forsman Johan.Forsman at LA.GOV
Fri Jun 18 15:24:47 EDT 2010

All:

I am running MapServer 5.4.2 in the FGS environment on Ubuntu Server 9.10, using PostGIS for all point data.

I frequently use the MS_ERROR output for debugging purposes as I change formats and outputs frequently (this is an "experimental" server). I am noticing that for all the data stored in the PostGIS, MapServer wants to tell me ALL about it, regardless of the debug level I specify.

This behavior is not true for my shapefile sources.

I really don't need MapServer to tell me about everything it finds, just those things that do not work.

DEBUG off or DEBUG 0 appear to have no effect on this.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Johan Forsman
Geologist
Safe Drinking Water Program
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
Office of Public Health
Telephone: 225.342.7309
Telefax: 225.342.7303