[mapserver-users] Can similar, nearly simultaenous requests disturb mapserver?

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Fri Jun 25 10:14:19 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a slightly strange problem and would like some thoughts of the experts.

I have a mapfile, that serves one layer that is connected to a wfs
datasource (aka wfs client layer) as a wms layer. I have the problem
that when doing two similar requests at nearly the same time, very
often one request throws an error. Interestingly not always the same.
In descending number of appearances:

- "msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named  ...
msWFSLayerWhichShapes(): WFS connection error. WFS request produced no
oputput for layer".
- "msOGRLayerInitItemInfo(): OGR error. Invalid Field name: TYPE"
- "msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. XML Parsing Error: The input ended
before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was
'gml:coordinates'"

The other request is always drawn correctly. To me it seems as if the
downloaded gml-File is somehow shared between both requests, only
allowing the "first" request to parse it correctly and to draw a map.

I have reproduced this error with several mapserver versions, ranging
from 5.2 up to 5.6.

Thanks for any thoughts, Michael

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
http://www.foss-academy.eu/

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res