[mapserver-users] OSM renderer with MapServer

Brian Fischer bfischer at houstoneng.com
Fri Jun 25 13:52:51 EDT 2010

Is there anyone working on a MapServer mapfile(s) to renderer OpenStreetMap data in the U.S.?  I'm interested in creating a mapfile that displays nice cartographic map for the roads and uses highway shields for the labels.  Ultimately turning this into a TMS using tilecache.  Or would people recommend sticking with Mapnik's stylesheets to render the data into images?  I did a few searches and only came across this.  http://code.google.com/p/mapserver-utils/source/browse/trunk  I'm new to OSM data so just starting to explore options.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian