[mapserver-users] Problem with rectangular queries

"tschobber tschöbbi" tschobber at gmx.at
Wed Jun 30 04:02:16 EDT 2010

Hi userlist,

could anyone help me on a mapserver issue? I've written a little php mapscript application (see complete code here http://pastebin.ca/1892318) that makes a rectangular query on a layer using the "querybyrect" method (method 1 --> see code) and addtional the same is done by using the "whichshapes" function (method 2). The problem is that method 1 (querybyrect) returns the wrong results whereas the results of method 2 are correct. Why is this? Do I need to define a real template file for method 1? If yes, how it has to look like to make the layer queryable the right way? Additional I should mention that the DATA for the layer is correct too.

Here's the mapfile for this application:
http://pastebin.ca/1892327

Thank you for any answers.

Greetings