[mapserver-users] Masking labels

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Mar 12 11:23:14 EST 2010

windfreak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have made a mapserver image (see the example). This image consists of 2
> layers. The top layers works as a mask over the bottom layer so I only see
> the bottom layer where I want it to see.
> Unfortunately, the labels of the bottom layer aren't masked. Can somebody
> tell me how to do that in one image? When possible, I don't want to see half
> labels.

There's a clause in one of the map objects to show a layer only if
another layer is present. Unfortunately, this is one of those cases that
maddens documenters -- How to document something when a reader knows
what they're looking for, but doesn't know what it's called.

Ah, using the "seek an ye shall find" method on the docs and I think
what you want to look at is the LABELREQUIRES entry under LAYER in the
MapServer Mapfile docs at http://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html.

--
Bill Thoen
GISnet -  www.gisnet.com