[mapserver-users] Unix and RGB - GRID in mapfile

Simone Frigerio simone.frigerio at univie.ac.at
Thu Mar 18 06:56:37 EDT 2010

Hi,
I need to manage huge file raster inside mapfile. Different kind of
compression are available and I'm trying different way. Two questions on
topic:
1) ECW andJPEG200 format are supported if I use win environment.
Transferring on Unix environment, probably a GDAL new library has to be
written, because actually it doesn't work. Is it true?
2) trying with GRID format should be interesting, especially for 1 band
raster like DTM or DEM:
ex.:   LAYER
 NAME "grid"
 TYPE RASTER
 DATA "GRID/1956gridc1/w001001.adf"
END

At the end no problem, it's correctly visualize. But I have a lot of RGB
raster to manage. So I if I convert in grid the result in "data" folder is:
folder
folderc1
folderc2
folderc3
info
file.aux
file.rrd

Inside each folder I find w001001.adf as request to visualize. I use it
and it works perfectly, but only with one band. How can I manage 3 bands
in this way, to visualize correctly an RGB raster?

Thanks and regards.
Simone