[mapserver-users] WFS limit time interval to POSTGIS

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 18 16:20:19 EDT 2010

Heiko Schröter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> by setting up a WFS server i need to limit the time interval for the requests to the postgis db (Millions of data points inside POSTGIS).
> The WMS part with time interval requests is working and i'am trying to make these data available through WFS as well.
>
> What i can find in the docs is a FILTER with a WFS Client connecting a WFS server.
> But this seems not to apply for DATE interval calculus.
>
> The only thing i get in the moment is the whole data set at once or the first NUMBER (here 10) of entries.
>
> Is it possible at all to limit the requested time interval to a WFS server ?
> i.e. something like TIME=2007-1-2/2007-1-3

Hi there,

There is no explicit support of a TIME parameter in wfs but  I believe
It should be possible on a postgis layer to use the FilterEncoding to
limit the request: would something like this work for you:

Filter=<Filter><And><PropertyIsGreaterThan><PropertyName>your_time_field</PropertyName><Literal>2007-01-02</Literal></PropertyIsGreaterThan><PropertyIsLessThan><PropertyName>your_time_field</PropertyName><Literal>2007-01-03</Literal></PropertyIsLessThan></And></Filter>

regards,

> Thanks and Regards
> Heiko
>

> 	LAYER
> 		EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
> 		CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
> 		NAME "TEST"
> 		PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
> 		OPACITY 60
> 		STATUS ON
> 		DUMP TRUE
> 		METADATA
> 			"wfs_title" "test"
> 			"wfs_maxfeatures" "10"
> 			"gml_featureid" "ID" ## REQUIRED
> 			"gml_include_items" "all" ## Optional (serves all attributes for layer)
> 			"gml_geometries" "rechteck"
> 			"gml_rechteck_type" "polygon"
> 		END
> 		PROJECTION
> 			"init=epsg:4326"
> 		END
> 		CONNECTION "user={BF961C25A57BA226} password={C9748CA35D48D049} dbname={6B40E65B12B92106} host=localhost"
> 		DATA "rechteck from test_data using srid=-1 using unique datum"
> 		TYPE POLYGON
> 		SIZEUNITS meters
> 		CLASS
> 			NAME "test_class"