[mapserver-users] Map file xsl transformation and regular expressions

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Mar 19 15:28:49 EDT 2010

Alan Boudreault wrote:
> Alexandre, you are right, if the expression is an regular expression, it
> shouldn't be quoted. I think the only solution would be to add an attribute in
> the xml schema, that will specify if the expression is an regular expression
> of not. Something like:
>
> <expression regex="ON"></expression>

Since MapServer has three possible types of expressions, would it not be
better to use a "type" attribute with three possible values, e.g.

<expression type="constant"></expression>
<expression type="regex"></expression>
<expression type="logical"></expression>

The default would be "constant", the only type that needs to be quoted.
The logical expressions are enclosed inside (...) and should not be
quoted either.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette