[mapserver-users] Re: Cannot get a PostGIS layer to render in Mapserver...

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Mar 23 14:10:33 EDT 2010

No, the problem is baked into PostGIS.

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/269

Which invalidates my earlier "it just works!" finding for
mapserver+geography. Great.
http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2009/11/geography-and-mapserver.html

Or perhaps there's something about the earlier version of Mapserver
you have that is interacting in a different way than the version I
tested, since my blog post is from after the change was committed.

Anyhow, you can work around it by defining explicitly casted versions
of the functions you are missing:

create function force_2d(geography) returns geometry as 'select
force_2d(geometry($1))' language 'sql' immutable strict;

P.