[mapserver-users] html query templates

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Wed Mar 24 14:07:16 EDT 2010

You didn't say if you're doing this in old or new style templates, but regardless you'd need to do this in javascript. I can illustrate easiest with a new style template since it's all in one place but the idea applies to either:

<!-- MapServer Template -->
<script>
  var length=0;
[resultset layer="layer1"]
  [feature]
    length += [length];
  [/feature]
[/resultset]
  alert("total length=" + length);
</script>

So, for each feature in layer1 we add to the overall length variable and then output it at the end. Does this help?

Steve