[mapserver-users] How to do that kind of querying using CGI (with Openlayers)

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 18:23:48 EDT 2010

One approach is to use a very simple template to retrieve the min/max
extent from MapServer. Then parse the extent in javascript and use
that to set the OL extent. So basically you are making two calls to
MapServer, one to get the extent and another one to highlight the
road. The template for the extent would look something like
    [MINX] [MINY] [MAXX] [MAXY]
Better check the documentation on that as I forget if it's "MINX" or
something slightly different.

Rich