[mapserver-users] Setting MBR of layers displayed

Tony Baylis baylis.tony at gmail.com
Sun May 16 19:10:16 EDT 2010

Good morning all, hope you enjoyed the weekend.

I am using mapserver retrieving data from a PostGIS database and have a
client who wants to have one map covering a large area, containing six
different prospect locations.  Each prospect has different data requirements
and I need to set the legend/map up so that when a user zooms into one
prospect the detailed layers of all the other prospects are not drawn (or
tried to be drawn) or shown in the legend as is the case when using
maxscaledenom etc.

Essentially I want to set an MBR so that the layers are drawn only when the
map is within that MBR and a the right zoom scale.

Cheers in advance.

Tony