[mapserver-users] Testing KML support

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu May 20 11:28:01 EDT 2010

Hi Peter,

  I have updated the RFC after some cleanup in the code
(http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/branches/branch-5-6/docs/en/development/rfc/ms-rfc-58.txt).

  Note also that there is a componenent Output-KML in MapServer trac
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/), for reporting issues.

best regards,

On 07/05/2010 5:02 PM, Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> There is supposed to be --with-kml.
> I have added the OUTPUT=KML if built with the flag.
> Note that the driver is still in development/cleanup state. I will
> update the RFC  (http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-58.html)
> once this phase is over.
>
> regards,
>
> On 07/05/2010 12:23 PM, Peter Hopfgartner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm would like to look at the KML functionality in the current MapServer
>> trunk.
>>
>> There does not seem to be any specific option in configure, so I enabled
>> it by setting the environment variable CPPFLAGS:
>>
>> $ export CPPFLAGS=-DUSE_KML
>> $ ./configure --with-proj --with-postgis --with-cairovim
>> --with-xml2-config=/usr/bin/xml2-config
>> $ make
>
>> The resulting shp2img has a lot of Kml-related symbols in it:
>>
>> $ nm shp2img | grep -i kml | wc -l
>> 71
>>
>> Anyway, KML does not seem to be oin the OUTPUT formats list:
>>
>> [peter.hopfgartner at vm-centos5-64-1 mapserver]$ ./shp2img -v
>> MapServer version 5.7-dev OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
>> OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
>> SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>>
>> Indeed, trying to produce some KML from a map file, I get:
>>
>> $ /usr/local/bin/shp2img -i KML -m kml_test.map>  test.kml
>> loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
>> references driver KML, but this driver isn't configured.<br>
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peter

Assefa Yewondwossen