[mapserver-users] Mapserver, OpenStreetMap and hstore - great new possibilities

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu May 20 13:51:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

Do you mean the tags colums in tables osm_nodes and osm_rels? They do not look quite the same for me. I have thought that slim mode also imports only those tags which are included in the default.style file while the new -k option imports them all automatically. But even if I am wrong you told what's the difference. I can reveal that for me writing a couple of PostgreSQL functions _is_ hard (well, don't know for sure because I have never tried to program anything) while it did not took more than a day to make select from hstore to work inside mapfile's DATA. In addition hstore can be indexed with gin or gist indexes and they seem to work pretty well.

-Jukka-