[mapserver-users] Compiling on CentOS 5

Gerald Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon May 24 17:08:02 EDT 2010

I'm having to reinstall Mapserver after some significant hardware
issues. I was perusing the documentation and find several explicit
entries for installing on Windows.

For Linux, there's the suggestion to use FGS (used it before, isn't
latest version, but will probably work), or Debian. Sorry, guys, ubuntu
is a debian variant, so while it's nice that there's GIS systems for
debian, they are, to my mind, the same.

My question: Where's the information on dependencies to compile and use
Mapserver? If they reside in the pdf documentation, I've tried to snag
it, and the pdf appears damaged: unreadable in eVince or Acrobat reader.

Looking for suggestions on how I might proceed.

Thanks, Gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983