[mapserver-users] WFS – version related problem

Stefanie Weykam sweykam at telefonica.net
Mon May 31 12:25:24 EDT 2010

Dear list members,

I am having trouble with parsing the GetCapabilities response from my
WFS services:

If I send a GetCapabilities-request indicating VERSION=1.0.0 – metadata
having non ascii characters (like characters with accent) are parsed
without any problem. But indicating VERSION=1.1.0 or omitting this
parameter causes a parsing error at the first ‘strange’ character
encountered.  Is there anything I can do about that?
Both, GetFeature and DescribeFeatureType work just fine with any version.

Question nº 2 – data type is always string:
type ‘string’ for all fields. I wonder if I can specify the real data
type somehow?? This would allow thick clients to apply filter
expressions on this layer.

Mapserver 5.2.1 on Windows (MS4W installation)
The layers are generated from PostGIS tables.

Any comments are appreciated.
Best regards,
Stefanie