[mapserver-users] overriding the color in mapfile

Mukesh Subedee msubedee at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 20:04:50 EST 2010

I have a simple mapfile with a layer and I want to override its color setting based on the different regions (polygons) in the shp file. e.g. my countries.shp is the shape file of the world with column 'name' as list of countries in dbf file. i want to change the color of the country polygon based on user's input (country name) as CGI request variable. I am confused how can I pass the CGI request in mapfile. It would be great if anyone wants to share a portion of mapfile where I have to pass the form element as the user option.

Thanks in advance.

Mukesh