[mapserver-users] draw polygons ordered by field ? (from File System)

Sebastian E. Ovide sebastian.ovide at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 08:25:30 EST 2010

Hi All,

Reading a shapefile (ESRI/MapInfo) from FS with polygons overlapping. Each
polygon is drawn with a different color based on a field called RISK.

Is it possible  define an order on how the polygons are drawn ? Say for
example to draw the polygons with field "RISK" 0 first, then with "RISK" =1
and so on...

I know that using PG we can use "Select * from XXX order by RISK"

Is there any way to do that using ESRI/MapInfo files ?

Thanks

--
Sebastian E. Ovide