[mapserver-users] Changing Map File Parameters from a URL

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 16:46:23 EST 2010

Hi List,

I am trying the change the MAXGEOWIDTH from a url but am getting the error
"getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. Parsing error near (C):(line 1)".

I'm trying to user "...&MAP.LAYER.CartographicText.MAXGEOWIDTH=5000&..." and
have tried using various combinations.

CartographicText is a Layer that's included in the main map file
INCLUDE "CartographicSymbol.map".

The included file is as follows:

------------------------------------
LAYER CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
	NAME "CartographicText"
	CONNECTION "...<private>..."
	PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
	DATA "geom FROM ...<private>... USING UNIQUE toid"

	METADATA
		"IMAGEFORMAT" "AGGA"
	END

	STATUS ON

	MINGEOWIDTH 1
	MAXGEOWIDTH  1300

etc., etc

Con someone please advise me as to how I can do this? I've spent a good
couple of hours hunting to no avail.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Donald