[mapserver-users] code ascii in a .map file

rafacabanas correoderafa at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 02:55:20 EST 2010

Hello,
I have a .map file which access to a postgres data base. The select query
contains an ascii code character representing the " symbol. For example:

SELECT * FROM    & # 3 4 ;   table_name   & # 3 4  ;

instead of

SELECT * FROM "table_name"

Mapserver doesn't show the layer and when checking the log file of the data
base I've seen that there's and syntaxis error in that position.

If I change myself the file .map, it works. However, that's not a solution
because the .map has to be automatically generate by another app. How can I
solve that problem? Is there any way to change the mapserver encoding? I
there any way to make that mapserver replace the ascii code?

Note: I write the ascii code whith spaces becaus the post editor replaces
the code

Thanks in advance