[mapserver-users] SLD and OUTPUTFORMAT compatibility?

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 23 10:06:50 EST 2010

Hi Martin,

  Can you try to check the map file after the sld has been applied: you
can do that by setting your map file in debug and checking the log file
look for something like "...Map file after SLD was applied"  (ex:
something like this):
CONFIG  "MS_ERRORFILE" "f:/msapps/gmap-ms40/htdocs/gmap.log"
DEBUG 5

We can then check why the same style setting is not drawing the same way
with the 2 drivers.  Please also indicate which version of MapServer you
are using.

regards,

On 23/11/2010 9:15 AM, Martin Ouellet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have 2 two differents settings for symbolize my lines (refer to SLD
> settings below):
>
> 1) a dashed line which is working *_only when I specify the
> outputformat:_ *DRIVER "*GD*/PNG"
> **Note that with the driver GD/PNG, the external graphic below is not
> working but the symbol (ico-ulaval-flag.gif) is copied locally in the
> /ms_tmp directory.
> It seem to be ignored by mapserver (but raising no error)...
>
> 2) a external graphic which is working *_only when I specify the
> outputformat:_ *DRIVER "*AGG*/PNG"
>
> Q: Is there a way/config to support both at the same time?
>
> any advice?
>
> Thanks you in advance!
>
> MartinOuellet
>
> SLD settings:
>
> <!--line with a dashed pattern->
> <se:LineSymbolizer>
> <se:Stroke>
> <sld:CssParameter name="stroke">#000A99</sld:CssParameter>
> <sld:CssParameter name="stroke-dasharray">6.0 2.0 1.0 2.0 1.0 2.0 1.0
> 2.0 4.0</sld:CssParameter>
> <sld:CssParameter name="stroke-width">1.0</sld:CssParameter>
> </se:Stroke>
> </se:LineSymbolizer>
>
> <!--line with a external graphic symbol->
> <se:LineSymbolizer>
> <se:Stroke>
> <se:GraphicStroke>
> <se:Graphic>