[mapserver-users] WMS Filters ?

Julien Cigar jcigar at ulb.ac.be
Fri Oct 1 09:00:15 EDT 2010

Hello,

I wondered if I can use OGC filters with WMS ? It works well with WFS,
but nothing is indicated in the documentation for WMS, and I tried to
add
"&Filter=<Filter><PropertyIsEqualTo><PropertyName>info</PropertyName><Literal>test10</Literal></PropertyIsEqualTo></Filter>"
to my WMS request but it doesn't work :(

In case it isn't supported, what's the "Mapserver-way" to do it ? Should
I use a FILTER in my LAYER section ?

My final goal is to add layers dynamically in OpenLayers based on an OGC
filter ..

Thanks,
Julien