[mapserver-users] Using mapserver on windows in production

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Oct 4 16:37:43 EDT 2010

On 10-10-04 10:11 AM, joel collins wrote:
> I have gotten my app working using MS4W, but it is coming time to
> deploy our application and I'm looking for ideas on whats the best
> route to take.  I need to stick with windows as thats the platform
> thats available at my work.
>
> Is using MS4W acceptable in a production environment?   How can I
> apply security patches / etc with a prebuilt binary?

Hi Joel,

Yes MS4W is used in thousands of production deployments around the
world. (and at this year's FOSS4G event in Barcelona we found that MS4W
battles with MapServer-Unix for being one of the fastest WMS servers in
many situations:
http://www.slideshare.net/gatewaygeomatics.com/wms-performance-shootout-2010)

If you run into any walls please contact me directly, and my team can
assist your group with your deployment of MS4W.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/