[mapserver-users] Re: [mapserver-dev] PostGIS "curvepolygon" support

Flavio Hendry flavio at tydac.ch
Mon Oct 11 09:59:27 EDT 2010

Hi again

My first writing:
As far as I see, this is not supported yet (polygons without curves are
drawn, the ones with curves not). Any idea if it will be and when. Thanks.

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> There are no plans for support right now, to my knowledge. Make
> someone an offer they can't refuse :)

and me again today:
figured out that basically this is supported right now with some SQL in
the MapFile:

DATA 'wkb_geometry from (select g.gid, ST_CurveToLine(g.wkb_geometry) as
wkb_geometry from public.mylayer g) as subquery using unique gid using
SRID=21781'

However, this turns out to be REALLY slow (10 secs for simple map, >20
secs for complex maps, same data, no arcs 2-3 secs) ... My questions:
- any idea if this could be somehow speeded up?
- as Paul stated: anyone out there with a better idea submitting an offer?

Someone might ask why one wants that: we'd need the arcs for other apps
accessing the data and we'd like to avoid duplicating the data ...

Mit freundlichem Gruss / Best regards
Flavio Hendry

TYDAC Inc.  - http://www.tydac.ch
Web Mapping - http://www.mapserver.ch
Swiss Maps  - http://www.mapplus.ch
############      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind Regards
############     Flavio Hendry, CEO - mailto:flavio at tydac.ch
############         TYDAC AG - http://www.tydac.ch
####    ####        Geographic Information Solutions
####    ####       Optingenstrasse 27 -- CH-3013 Bern
############   Tel +41 (0)31 368 0180 - Fax +41 (0)31 368 1860