[mapserver-users] postgis to spatile-ogr

nikos at maich.gr nikos at maich.gr
Fri Oct 22 02:41:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thanx for the replies...

I need as David says, to support layers and queries where I join geom
tables with user generated external attribute tables (postgres).

Eons ago I was doing this on shapefiles, using a modified dbflib that
would overwrite columns in the dbf... Worked well, but needless to say it
was not multi-user and kinda roundabout...

OGR seems to join shp/dbf's with external attributes, but is
excruciatingly slow....
OGR is much faster when using sqlite db's, prolly because the sql is
pumped to the native, sqlite engine...

MS supports postgis joins directly in the mapfile, and this is what I'm
currently using, but need to go to temporary solution w/ less overhead...

will see....

regards,

nikos