[mapserver-users] MapServer Windows7 EasyPHP setup

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Oct 25 09:45:46 EDT 2010

On 10-10-22 8:25 AM, greg.luker at scu.edu.au wrote:
> Hi MapServers,
>
> I have a new computer with Windows 7 Pro (64-bit), on which I'd like to
> get MapServer running. I have installed EasyPHP-5.3.3 (because I heard
> it worked on Win7), and so I have Apache, PHP and MySQL running. I
> downloaded ms4w_3.0_beta11 and copied the entire cgi-bin directory into
> the EasyPHP home directory. I started MapServer but got a message:
>
> msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. major axis or radius =
> 0 or not given
>
> I guess there are quite a few configuration settings that I haven't set
> yet. Is it worth persevering with EasyPHP, or does ms4w work on Win7,
> and therefore should I just uninstall EasyPHP (and Apache, PHP and
> MySQL) and install ms4w?

Hi Greg,

MS4W should have no problems running on Windows7.  Yes MS4W does
configure Apache and PHP for use with MapServer.  I recommend that you
try the MS4W package, and then if you run into any questions jump on
over to the MS4W users mailing list and fire your questions there
(subscribe at http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/ms4w-users).

I don't know the EasyPHP package, but for sure MS4W does not contain
MySQL; but MapServer in MS4W is configured to read/write MySQL.

Thanks.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna