[mapserver-users] Best way to store ArcInfo annotations in PostGIS?

Martin Ouellet geomartino at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 09:54:56 EDT 2010

Thanks Daniel for your inputs,

The beauty of the solution #2 (stroked text) is that the result is visually
exactly the same than the annotation layer in ArcInfo (size, font, position,
orientation, etc...).  To obtain the same result with the labeling options
would require a lot of tuning(adjustment in the mapfile pour each layer),
but I may be wrong.

I will keep all the info for both solutions (text as polygon, centroid,
text, angle) so I may execute some benchmark later this fall

cheers

MartinO