[mapserver-users] Maximum number of points in a poligon

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Oct 27 09:47:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

The biggest lake has more than 5000 islands and lots of bays and everything so I was thinking that a simple automatic tool would for sure break the topology, and sooner than I could have explained how a good tool should behave I had splitted the ten biggest lakes by hand. I can't even imagine how hard it would to be to code such a tool. It should not make invalid geometries and it should create new vertices so that new polygons could zigzag between the islands without splitting those, and the new pieces should have about same total number of vertices with variable number of islands. It was rather easy to iterate with bare eyes.

-Jukka-