[mapserver-users] Commercial support

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Sep 3 11:38:49 EDT 2010

There are several I know of in New Zealand & others internationally. Where are you after such support?

I have often found that companies are more in need of a support contract for legal/liability issues than capability ones. FOSS tends to be on a user beware basis, & rather than take on the responsibility for running & maintaining software systems companies want someone else to be responsible.

It brings to mind one contract we lost by offering a FOSS based solution. The response came back that the client did not want an Open Source solution. What they got was a contract with a colleague based on the same Open Source apps we had proposed, with a support contract & no mention that the underlying tools were in fact Open Source.

Brent Wood