[mapserver-users] Re: WFS Client through Proxy and HTTP Authentication

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 9 23:49:13 EDT 2011

Hi Bill,

It turns out that proxy and auth support is not implemented in the WFS
client layer code. It is only present in the WMS layer code.

I have created a ticket for this and attached an untested patch to it:

The final fix will require a cleaner job, but this quick patch should
work if you are able to build from source.

Daniel

On 11-08-09 10:29 PM, bteluk at gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Daniel,
>
> I can't get the actual IP because I'm behind a proxy, on an intranet.  But I
> know the proxy can correctly resolve the URL, because it works fine when I
> send a WMS request into my server (which then successfully sends a WMS
> request back out to the external source.)  Likewise if I manually generate
> the WFS requests on the server using curl, it works fine (noting that I have
> to specify the proxy name and credentials.)
>
> It seems as if something is preventing the WFS request from using the same
> "proxy handling" metadata as per the WMS request.  I've checked the curl
> installation and it certainly works using manual parameters for the proxy to
> the same external WFS URL.
>
> I've tried a packet trace whilst sending the request to my map server - for
> WMS, I can that it performs look-ups to the local DNS for the proxy and then
> communicates with the proxy from then on for the rest of the transaction
> (expected behaviour.)  But for WFS, it doesn't attempt a DNS lookup for the
> proxy or even connect to it - it just tries to get the WFS request out using
> the local DNS - which fails of course because I'm in an intranet environment
> where the DNS can't see the Internet.
>
> I've attached my full map file - the WMS is a separate layer and works fine.
> The "localhost:20080" references are to overcome the server being behind a
> private network within the Intranet - localhost:20080 is a PuTTY tunnel to
> access the server - the server itself can get out to the Internet fine when
> using proxy&  credentials.
>
> Regards, Bill Teluk
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6670606/bom.map bom.map
>
> -----