[mapserver-users] NAME limit of 20 characters

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Aug 16 12:27:37 EDT 2011

Hi Bart,

I looked at this this morning when you reported it...and I also couldn't
find where this limit exists.  I tested with a 100 character string and
didn't have a problem with 6.1-dev.

I have removed that limit text from the docs, and I've added a note
about spaces, special characters, and starting with numbers (see
http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html).

Thanks!

-jeff

--