AW: [mapserver-users] WFS Spatial Filter Problem

Bryan Hempen bhempen at sciops.esa.int
Wed Aug 17 05:55:20 EDT 2011

Hey guys,

my current status report. I have tried the following list of things:

- as proposed by Andreas, used shp2img. Works perfectly fine!

- as proposed by Julien, took a look at the Apache error log. Here is a
small excerpt of what it shows:

[Wed Aug 17 10:42:15 2011] [error] [client 10.68.180.121]
3c34000000-3c3403d000
r-xp 00000000 fd:00 3123859
/usr/lib64/libldap_r-2.3.so.0
.2.31, referer: http://ssols02.esac.esa.int/psa/bhempen/tree.html

[Wed Aug 17 10:42:15 2011] [error] [client 10.68.180.121]
3c34a1c000-3c34a1d000
rw-p 0001c000 fd:00 3118384
/usr/lib64/libgeos_c.so.1.6.2
, referer: http://ssols02.esac.esa.int/psa/bhempen/tree.html

[Wed Aug 17 10:42:15 2011] [error] [client 10.68.180.121] Premature end
of scrip
t headers: mapserv, referer:
http://ssols02.esac.esa.int/psa/bhempen/tree.html

In case it could be useful to see the whole log, please just tell me.

Now, to wrap things up again adding some new insights by testing with
different versions of the MapServer. This is what happened:

When I try to use the WFS FE Spatial Filter Intersect with MapServer
5.6.5 on a PostGIS layer, it doesn't work and I get an Error 500.
When, however, I use a WFS FE Spatial Filter like Intersect with
MapServer 5.6.5 on a shapefile layer with the SAME data as the PostGIS
layer contains, it works!
When I try to use the WFS FE Spatial Filter BBOX with MapServer 5.6.5 on
a PostGIS layer, it works!
When I use a WFS FE non-spatial filter like PropertyIsEqualTo and/or
combined with logical filters like AND or OR combined with the WFS FE
Spatial Filter BBOX with MapServer 5.6.5 on a shapefile layer or a
PostGIS layer with the the SAME data, it works!
When I try to use the WFS FE Spatial Filter Intersect with MapServer
6.0.1 on a PostGIS layer, sometimes no results are returned and
sometimes only some. The results are not accurate.
When I try to use the WFS FE Spatial Filter Intersect with MapServer
6.0.1 on a shapefile layer, sometimes no results are returned and
sometimes only some. The results are not accurate.
When I use a WFS FE non-spatial filter like PropertyIsEqualTo and/or
combined with logical filters like AND or OR combined with the WFS FE
Spatial Filter BBOX with MapServer 6.0.1 on a shapefile layer or a
PostGIS layer with the the SAME data, it seems to work, but I am not
100% sure.

Therefore: No problem with Apache setup, mapfiles, data,
client/requests. Should be a MapServer bug...

Using the same PostGIS db and shapefile all the time and mapfiles
modified as minimal as possible.

Kind regards,
Bryan