[mapserver-users] Problem using FILTER when the value begins with i

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Mon Aug 22 13:47:20 EDT 2011

I have a strange behavior when using a FILTER where the values begin with
'i, I have to double my "i" to make it work!
Example:
This doesn't work
FILTER "code= 'Inactive'"
In the mapserver.log I can see that "i" disappear, I get in the query ...
(code = 'nactive'), so no data are returns

Using double "I" it works
FILTER "code= 'IInactive'"

It seems that using 'I' or "i" mean something...and that changes the
encoding of the string or something.
I'm using mapserver 6.0.1 on a windows 2008 64bits server. The data are in
a postgis table.

This mapfile was working well with mapserver 5.6 on windows 2003 32bits
server.

Anyone have seen this before?
thanks for your help,
Steve