[mapserver-users] Re: Question about projection

jjwang jaja0506 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 00:54:14 EDT 2011

Thank you Steve,
But it seems no difference with the map in other projections.
It still cannot match the base layer map (see my first posted question).
Actually I need to get this map through WMS server (Openlayer)
I found something I'm not sure.
WEB
    TEMPLATE global.html
    IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"
    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"

    METADATA
      "wms_title" "My Global Map WMS Server"
      *"wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"*
      "ows_enable_request"   "*"
    END
  END

"wms_srs" "EPSG:4326" - about this statement:
What's this used for?
Does this define the projection of the map I will get through WMS?

JJ