[mapserver-users] Re: Question about projection

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Aug 24 02:00:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

wms_srs is a list (white space separated) about the projections which will be supported as WMS output. You will need to add the web Mercator on your list if it is what you want to read with Openlayers. This parameter is well documented in http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html#setting-up-a-wms-server-using-mapserver

I would recommend to test WMS services first with anything else than Openlayers. First with shp2img or with a web browser with hand written WMS requests, next perhaps with a GIS WMS client (QGis, OpenJUMP etc) for avoiding problems arising from the Openlayers code and not having anything to do with WMS server.

-Jukka Rahkonen-