[mapserver-users] Re: WFS restricting returned attributes

bteluk at gmail.com bteluk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 03:20:27 EDT 2011

Hi Jukka,

Yes - your example works on my own MapServer (v5.6.0) although I had to put
the propertynames in parentheses eg.

(of course my test had a different URL!)

I'm actually using the commercial services of another company - and it's
their MapServer that is v5.4.2 (not mine, otherwise I could update it.)

I checked the equivalent samples of the GET & POST requests against my 5.6.0
server and I could get them to work - so I appear to have the correct syntax
now. The problem appears to be with the service provider's server - but
whether it's a fault with MapServer v5.4.2 or something to do with their
configuration or perhaps a frontend, I don't know.  I've asked them if they
can take a look at it for me and I've sent them my sample requests so I
guess I'll find out when they get back to me.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Bill.

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The examples were missing upgrade to Mapserver 6.0 if it is possible for
> you.  I wouldn't trust that any WFS bugs in 5.4 will be corrected.
> For a standard compliant WFS TinyOWS would be a nice alternative and it
> works together with Mapserver. They can both use the same mapfiles. But
> TinyOWS can only use data from PostGIS.
>
> I just read that if BBOX is missing then the EXTENT from the mapfile is
> used and that can lead to some odd results if extent is not correct.
>
> The propertyname filter should really work with WFS and if you want to see
> it in action compare these
> http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&maxfeatures=1
> http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&propertyname=sahko,the_geom&maxfeatures=1
>
> I would also say that if you do not have some special reason for using WFS
> 1.1.0 then use WFS 1.0.0. instead. For my mind WFS 1.1.0 does not give any
> real advantage for the user despite the resultType=hits. However, it is
> introducing the coordinate axis order thing that has effects in all
> places.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-

-----
Regards, Bill Teluk