[mapserver-users] wrong tileindex path make mapserver 6 crash

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 30 16:11:12 EDT 2011

Hi Oliver,

No, a crash is not normal, so we should try to fix it. I made a few
tests and was unable to reproduce the issue, can you reproduce it with
the CGI or with shp2img (i.e. without FastCGI)?

If you could package a small testcase to reproduce the issue with the
CGI or with shp2img (with mapfile, exact request to trigger the issue,
etc.) and create a ticket then we'll try to have a look.

Daniel

On 11-08-30 06:40 AM, Oliver Christen wrote:
> hello
> Im just wondering if it was normal for mapserver 6 to crash instead of
> returning an error message if a tileindex path was incorrect for a
> raster layer ?
>
> Im using 6.0.0-1
>
> I have a raster layer using a tileindex (ortho/ortho.*):
>
> LAYER
> NAME 'ortho'
> TYPE RASTER
> STATUS ON
> TILEINDEX "ortho/ortho"
> TILEITEM "LOCATION"
> END
>
> at first the TILEINDEX was wrong set to "ortho", so effectively pointing
> to the folder instead of the files, which is of course wrong, but I
> would have expected an error message, not a crash.
>
> all I have in my error log is:
> mod_fcgid: error reading data, FastCGI server closed connection
> Premature end of script headers: mapserv
>
> I tried to turn on the debug with:
> CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/tmp/ms_error.txt"
> DEBUG 5
> CONFIG "CPL_DEBUG" "ON"
>
> but ms_error.txt is empty
>
> is there any way to be able to obtain some error message which may help
> knowing where the error is?
> would this problem be fixed in 6.0.1?
>
> thanks in advance
> best regards