[mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver 6.0.1 -- Label Class not recognizing token BACKGROUNDCOLOR

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Dec 1 10:09:34 EST 2011

That's correct. The labelpnt is really the computed point based on the type of a geometry we're processing. For a point it's, well, just the point. For a polygon it's based on a number of successively complex computations to make sure the point is in the polygon- starting with the center of the features bbox and ending with a center of gravity computation. Lines use the middle of the longest segment.

Steve