[mapserver-users] mapcache_seed segmentation fault.

forums forums at craniumjuice.com
Tue Dec 6 09:41:26 EST 2011

Hi guys:

I'm having trouble with mapcache_seed

I get a segmentation fault, it appears to happen at line 626
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/mapcache/src/mapcache_seed.c#L626

Warning messages from the compile process:

mapcache_seed.c: In function 'cmd_recurse':
mapcache_seed.c:337: warning: unused variable 'j'
mapcache_seed.c:337: warning: unused variable 'i'
mapcache_seed.c: In function 'seed_thread':
mapcache_seed.c:511: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules
mapcache_seed.c: In function 'main':
mapcache_seed.c:626: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without
a cast
mapcache_seed.c:626: warning: value computed is not used
mapcache_seed.c:626: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without
a cast
mapcache_seed.c:626: warning: value computed is not used
mapcache_seed.c:626: warning: value computed is not used
mapcache_seed.c:626: warning: 'dimvalue' is used uninitialized in this
function
mapcache_seed.c:626: warning: 'optargcpy' is used uninitialized in this
function

If I put some fprintf statements around line 626, I only get the first one:
    fprintf(stderr,"FOO\n");
    dimkey = NULL,*dimvalue = NULL,*key,*last,*optargcpy = NULL;
    fprintf(stderr,"BAR\n");

prints out:
$ ./src/mapcache_seed
FOO
Segmentation fault

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jerl

--
A computer without Windows is like chocolate cake without mustard.