[mapserver-users] Problem with PHP MapScript $layer->nextShape()

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Fri Dec 9 18:17:11 EST 2011

Hi all

I tried to use with PHP MapScript the function for the LAYER class
"nextShape()" as described in the documentation with a small script
example.

The short version is
   $extentMap = $map->extent;
   $status = $layer->whichShapes($extentMap);
   $shape = $layer->nextShape();

This works fine when layer and map are in the same projection. If the
projections of layer and map differ (e.g. EPSG 4326 for map and 3035 for
layer) then I get a segmentation fault. This happens for both MapServer
6.0.1 and 5.6.6, PHP version is 5.3, OS is Linux.

If before the call of whichShapes() I re-project the extent object
"$extentMap" to the projection of the layer then everything works fine.
So the following workaround seems to work:

   $extentMap = $map->extent;
   $mapProjObj = ms_newProjectionObj($map->getProjection());
   $layerProjObj = ms_newProjectionObj($layer->getProjection());
   $extentMap->project($mapProjObj, $layerProjObj);
   $status = $layer->whichShapes($extentMap);
   $shape = $layer->nextShape();

Best regards
Armin