[mapserver-users] GEOMTRANSFORM LABELPNT example

Ian Walberg ian.walberg at airborne.aero
Sun Dec 11 17:06:09 EST 2011

Brent,

Ok, we had been using an earlier version of the mapserver documentation
we had downloaded which had the text below.

The latest version now describes the discussed functionally more
closely.

We had been looking at using the previous functionally to draw and
rotate a symbol around the label text. Not what we are thinking but this
could be used for something like displaying the wind speed and symbol
rotated for the wind direction using a symbol around the outside.

To do this it sounds like a new GEOMTRANSFORM type.

Thanks

Ian

STYLE The start of a STYLE object.

Label specific mechanisms of the STYLE object are the GEOMTRANSFORM

GEOMTRANSFORM [labelpnt|labelpoly] Creates geometries that can be used
for styling the label.

* labelpnt generates a point with its center at the middle of the
bounding rectangle of the text.

* labelpoly generates the bounding rectangle for the text, with 1 pixel
of padding added in all directions.

The resulting geometries can be styled using the mechanisms available in
the STYLE object.

New in version 6.0.