[mapserver-users] Specify resolution (or pixel size) in WMS requests

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Wed Dec 14 11:44:42 EST 2011

Hello,

we tried the parameter MAP.RESOLUTION AND MAP.DEFRESOLUTION with
MapServer 6.0.1 and made the following observations.

We tested with RESOLUTION=288&MAP.DEFRESOLUTION=72

The size of the symbols and textes was not like we expected. They were
often too small.

We tested with and without the parameter SYMBOLSCALEDENOM

1.) without SYMBOLSCALEDENOM (none scaled, fix size) ok are:

    * lines (not scaled) are dispayed correct (ok)
    * outlines (not scaled) of polygones are dispayed correct (ok).
    * symbols (not scaled) are displayed correct (ok).
    * textes (not scaled) are displayed correct (ok).We tested not scaled
texts without SYMBOLSCALEDENOM: It's displayed different weather
MINSIZE/MAXSIZE is existing or not.

2.) with SYMBOLSCALEDENOM

NOT ok:

    * Scaled symbols are displayed incorrect - too small.
    * Scaled lines are dispayed incorrect - too small.
    * scaled outlines of polygones are dispayed incorrect.
    * Scaled text are dispayed incorrect - too small.

For us it would be good to get this problem solved, as at the moment we
generate a copy of the mapfile for the print with symbol- and labelsize
multiplyed with factor 4. It would be charming to solve the print with one
mapfile. We could do testing and maybe I could look for sponsoring too.

Is there someone else interested to solve this? Is there a ticket already?

Astrid

thomas bonfort schrieb:
> cgi controls should do the trick?
>
> http://....../?SERVICE=WMS&....&MAP.RESOLUTION=144&MAP.DEFRESOLUTION=96
>
> --
> thomas
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 17:43, Peter Hopfgartner
> <peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com> wrote:
>> Basically, I am looking for a way to something analogous to
DEFRESOLUTION in
>> a WMS request. The standard says, that a pixel is 0.28 mm x 0.28 mm
>> (25.4/0.28 ~= 90.71 DPI). I could not found a way to change this in the
WMS
>> 1.3.0 standard.
>> Is there a MapServer vendor parameter, similar to the one in GeoServer,
>> http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/services/wms/vendor.html#format-options
>> ?
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> --
>> Peter Hopfgartner R3 GIS http://www.r3-gis.com

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde

----------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.eu

----------------------------------

 Astrid Emde
 WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
 Eifelstraße 7
 53119 Bonn
 Germany

 Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 19
 Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

 astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
 www.wheregroup.com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
 pgp-public key:
 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284
  Signierte und/oder verschlüsselte Nachrichten sind sehr willkommen
  Signed and/or encrypted mail is highly appreciated