[mapserver-users] [WMS] Styles not working with mode=tile

Guillaume Loiselle loiselle.guillaume at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 08:18:59 EST 2011

Hi,

I can't help you but I'll add that specifying an output format is useless,
at least with GMAP tile-mode. Whatever you ask for, you'll receive png. I
assumed it was an intended behaviour and supposed googleMap could only use
png as an input. Be it the case or not, it would be nice if we could
specify the format...

Guillaume Loiselle

P.S. : message to developers :
I think that the tile-mode should only be used as an alternative way to
determine the bbox. Other options should not be limited when tile-mode is
used. More importantly, we should not be obliged to use a tile-mode way of
requesting to use tile_map_edge_buffer.

You may disagree and have good programming design reasons to do so. I just
wanted to give a user's point of view.