[mapserver-users] Re: Some PointSymbolizer values are being ignored. SLD Syntax problem?

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Mon Dec 19 17:30:51 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

I've come back to this problem I submitted to the forum last month re: my
PointSymbolizer's fill-opacity, stroke-opacity and stroke-width being
ignored. I'm no further ahead, so I thought I'd update what I've read and
tried, just to see if that jogs anyone's thoughts in terms of some issue
related to this that I'm not aware of.

I am fairly certain this functionality is supported, given what I read in
the "SLD implementation - fill-opacity" post thread
(http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/SLD-implementation-fill-opacity-td1971368.html)
from 2008.

I've worked through the StyledLayerDescriptor.xsd as best I can and believe
my definition is correct syntactically. I also tried creating a Polygon
layer and applying a similarly-defined PolygonSymbolizer SLD to the one I am
using for the PointSymbolizer to see if my syntax was correct (as much as I
could given the two different types of data). This, too, suggests it is
fine. When using the PolygonSymbolizer definition below, the fill-opacity
and stroke-width values are applied in the output. Granted, the the
stroke-opacity is still not but at least something worked that doesn't with
the PointSymbolizer.

I'm including an attachment that shows the results of using the two SLDs
included in this thread (my PointSymbolizer and the PolygonSymbolizer
above). The definitions are as close to the same as I can make them but, as
you can see, the output is not. In the Point symbology, the fill-opacity
(0.4), stroke-opacity (0.6) and stroke-width (10.0) are being ignored; and,
in the Polygon symbology, the stroke-opacity (0.6) is being ignored but the
fill-opacity (0.4) and stoke-width (10.0) are being correctly applied.

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n7110031/Point_vs._Polygon.png

Could there be an issue with my Mapfile definition? In case it matters, here
is my OUTPUTFORMAT definition for the Point and Polygon layers used above
and the Point layer definition:

I really can't imagine what else to try...Is it possible this stuff is
broken in 6.0.1?

Cheers,
jtm