[mapserver-users] Multi-Resolution Terrain Map File

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Dec 23 21:01:24 EST 2011

  You could use the OFFSITE value in the higher resolution layer.
Basically in this scheme, mapserver would render each layer, and any
place with an OFFSITE value would show the value from the layer under
it.

  A more basic problem is how do you want the elevation value to be
rendered  to a visible image?  You could use GDAL to pre-process the
SRTM DEMs (http://www.perrygeo.net/wordpress/?p=7), or use mapserver to
classify the DEM values to colors on the fly.

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser