[mapserver-users] problem of legend icon for pixmap-filling type polygon layer

Isao NASUNO isao.nasuno at ctc-g.co.jp
Thu Feb 17 00:20:13 EST 2011

Hello all,

I had send same question 2 weeks ago but I have no response,
so I try again with more detail of the problem.

** situation **

I'm trying to make pixmap-filled polygon maps and I did it without problem,
however a problem in getting legend.
I want legend icons by mapserver cgi with request "mode=legend" like following.

(base pattern)    (what I want)

                  oxoxoxoxoxox
                  xoxoxoxoxoxo
oxox              oxoxoxoxoxox
xoxo    ------>   xoxoxoxoxoxo

However I get following. It is like a legend icon of line layer.

     oxox    oxox
    oxoxox  oxoxo
   oxoxoxoxoxoxo
  oxoxo oxoxoxo
 oxoxo   oxoxo
 xoxo    xoxo

** version **

I'm using MapServer 5.0.2 on CentOS 5.2.
I also try MapServer 5.6.x (forgot for detail), but the situation is same.

** what I did **

The symbol is defined like ...
---------------------
  SYMBOL
    NAME "symbol1"
    TYPE pixmap
    image /somewhere/symbol1.gif
    transparent 1
  END
---------------------

The layer is as following...
---------------------
  layer
   name "jimon"
   connectiontype postgis
   connection "user=db password=xxxxxxx dbname=DB host=localhost port=5432"
   data "the_geom from polygon"
   status on
   type polygon
   classitem "id"