AW: [mapserver-users] Troubleshooting a cascading mapserver install.

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Mon Feb 21 06:26:11 EST 2011

Just tried a simple request on a WMS server you're cascading: http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/cgi-bin/wms/nexrad/n0r.cgi?layers=nexrad-n0r-m05m&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png&width=512&height=512&bbox=-180,-90,+180,+90

resulted in the following error:
msSaveImageGD(): Unable to access file. Unable to open file /mesonet/www/html/tmp/nexrad_base_reflect129828395630777.gif for writing

Looks like the cascaded ones already have a problem. Check that first.

HTH